Looking back at 111 – “Bound”
What did we miss?
- I had mentioned in “Looking Back at 104 – The Arrival” that Olivia’s apartment had changed at some point. I have been keeping my eyes open and it appears that this is the first episode with the new apartment set. The outside is the same, it is only the inside that has changed.
- For anyone who is up to date with my red-yellow-blue theory and the revelation that the tape roll holder has been spotted in several episodes, here it is again this week…in Loeb’s warehouse.
What theories were overlooked?
- This is part of “What did we miss” as well as “What theories were overlooked”. In Broyles’ office you can see a map on his computer screen. There are two cities circled…Munich, Germany and Budapest, Hungary. This is not the first time that these places have been mentioned. Is it possible that Broyles is aware of Jones breaking out of prison and this is part of the manhunt or is there something else going on here? Are they trying to track ZFT? Was Broyles aware of Loeb’s involvement and was watching his movements?
How have the characters developed?
- Olivia really kicks some serious ass in this episdode. First she beats up several men at the warehouse in order to escape, then she gets into a all out girl on girl fight with Samantha Loeb, then she pays Loeb with a pistol-whip smackdown. I love it! Go Olivia! Show these men what you’re made of.
- There was quite a lot of insuation of Peter’s affections for Olivia in this episode. I remember thinking at the time that I hope they don’t intend on hooking the two of them up. Thank goodness they haven’t done that so far. It has never worked in the past.
- This week, Broyles has come to Olivia’s defense. Dude…make up your mind!
What questions were never answered?
- In the episode Walter tells the others that the slug is a supersized virus, but in his labnotes he admits that it is not a virus but in fact a human cell from the wall of the intestinal tract. Why did he lie to the team?
- What is it that Rachel is not telling Olivia?
- The true intentions of ZFT. Who are the two sides (ZFT & MD)? What are the rules? What did they want with Olivia…reeaallly?
- When this episode first aired, I predicted that the men seen on the computer screen would appear in a later episode, but we have never seen them. Who are they? They must be part of the pattern or we wouldn’t see them in the Fringe Division office…and more than once. Just filler, perhaps? Is it related to the map on Broyles computer screen?
What tie was Broyles wearing?