Easter Eggs – 203 FractureEaster Eggs | Fringe - 203 Fracture | Posted by Scully
Here is what I and others have found for Easter Eggs in Episode 203-Fracture.
- Walter says “I stopped counting at 47” in reference to the needle holes in Officer Gillespie. JJ loves that number.
- Officer Joan Klump is named after Post Production Supervisor John Klump.
- A Star Wars reference “Can you just cut the Yoda crap and tell me what’s happening to me.”
- A Wizard of Oz reference – Project Tin Man
- This isn’t so much an Easter Egg, but Walter foreshadowed the fringe science of this episode in The Road Not Taken, with his comment – “Matter is just energy waiting to happen. The average adult at rest contains enough potential energy to explode with the force of five very large hydrogen bombs.”
- A huge thanks goes out to David Wu of Fringemunks for this discovery. William Bell says ‘War is Coming’.
- We were correct last week in thinking that the Van Gogh portrait might be the next episode clue. It is well known that he cut off his own ear, and this week we see the severed ear that Walter is holding.
The following may be Easter Eggs, Next Episode Clues or nothing at all…you be the judge.
October 7th, 2009 at 10:34 pm
Another good post (as always). A lot of good observations. But I am not sure what I should be looking for in those last 7 pictures. I have some guess, correct me if i’m wrong:
#5: the 2 panes of the Backgamon game, representing parallel worlds or a wink at Lost (John and Walt playing on the beach).
#6: “Scott” (as in john Scott)
#7: “Blue line” or SPRNGFLD (as in SpringField, “The Simpson”)?
Good Day !
October 8th, 2009 at 4:10 pm
That must be the NEC!
October 9th, 2009 at 2:00 am
Just finished watching the newest episode, and it was totally unexpected. One of the fastest-paced Fringe episodes I can remember. So many gaps filled in.
October 9th, 2009 at 3:59 am
@sinoco It totally was! it was insane. I was glued from the beginning to the end.
Also, the Van Gogh portrait ally thing was in tonight episode.
October 9th, 2009 at 12:41 pm
I have to admit the 4 episode was magnificent
November 11th, 2009 at 3:59 pm
Another candidate for the episode clue for Fracture was the train cars seen in a frame from “Night Of Desirable Objects” each bear the logo CN.
A reference of CYANOGEN, a nerve gas with a chemical formula that includes cyanide (CN), and alludes to the fact that the CN-related explosion occurred in a train station.