Near the end of the episode, we see Amy Jessup typing on her computer. She is writing about the case files and equating them with Bible verses. Here is what she typed…
8455-FD – KINGDOM
6354-FD – TESTS.
6574-FD – A DOOR
2548EA-FD – EAT THE
7546B-FD – THE BEAST
Here are the Bible verses as written in the New International Version…
Luke 21:10 “Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.”
- Is this a reference to the war that is going on between the alternate universes? If it is…how does she know about that?
The second verse could be one of two choices…
John 4:1 “The Pharisees heard that Jesus was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John.”
- This could be a reference to the belief by someone that the other side has more soldiers and possibly has the upper hand…bringing me back to the question – how is she aware of these things?
1 John 4:1 “Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
- This, to me, is a reference to Charlie, but yet again, I ask…how the hell would she know about that?
Revelation 4:1 “After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
- A possible reference to the ‘magic’ typewriter? William Bell? I think we can figure out what door they are referring to.
Revelation 19:18 “So that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great.”
- Beats me. Anyone care to guess on this one?
Revelation 19:20 “But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.”
- False prophet…Charlie, Walter? The Beast…William Bell, or someone else? Definitely a leader of some kind. I hate to think the Observer is either the beast or the false prophet, but you never know with this show. Is it possible that ‘the mark’ is the cortexiphan drug?
- The image that is shown is from “The Transformation”.
- The book of Revelation is about the Apocalypse (Armageddon…end of days…whatev).
- Walter is also very familiar with the Bible, as we find out in “The Dreamscape”.
- The letters FD, I believe mean Fringe Division, but what do the numbers and other letters mean?
Anyways, just some things to think about.